Sunday 30 June 2013

New generation



Today, the keel was laid for my Aida Cruises' first new generation ship in Mitsubishi Heavy Industries shipyard in Nagasaki, Japan. She will be larger than any previous AIDA ship. Aida Cruises has announced that when she's completed, she will do a 86-day maiden cruise from Japan to Germany.

Ceremony
Maiden cruise
The new design has also been revealed. In my opinion, although I'm a big fan of Aida ships, it takes some time to get used to. First I blamed the shape of the bow, but now I think that the mouth has been drawn a bit too low. I hope that when the ship is ready, they'll paint it as high as it is on other Aida ships.
One of the first Aida ships - AIDAaura
The last ship of the Sphinx class - AIDAstella
A vision of the new generation, yet to be named

No comments:

Post a Comment