Wednesday 2 April 2014

What the future brings

Just in case it needs to be clarified, my last post was a first of April joke. I am not moving to Australia and definitely not quitting what I do, and this blog will continue as it is for a long time to come. ☺


To top off a really good day I've had so far, today Port of Tallinn released their cruise ship schedule. I can't say I haven't been waiting for it, checking their website daily, and now it finally feels reasonable to start making some more serious plans for the upcoming season. 


This year's schedule is quite interesting too, compared to 2013. There are very many absolute must-see ships for me, here's some of them.

Aidamar


For obvious reasons.

(to those who don't know, she's my favourite cruise ship.)
First call 19. May


Royal Princess

www.1000kreuzfahrten.de
Launched in 2013 (which I've been around for long enough to remember), she is the 10th largest cruise ship in the world. She will be by far the largest ship to ever have visited Tallinn, breaking the record held by Celebrity Eclipse.
First call 17. May


Mein Schiff 1&2


Mein Schiff 2 - commons.wikimedia.org
Mein Schiff 1 called three times last year and I feel like I completely missed out (although I didn't), and this year I might just fill up that gap. Admit it, they're beautiful.
First call 8. June (Mein Schiff 2) & 29. June (Mein Schiff 1, first and only)

Gann


home.kpn.nl
An arctic cruiser lookalike training ship in Tallinn? 
Interesting.
First & only call 6. July

Azores


oceanliner-pictures.com
When I wrote this post about her less than a year ago, I would have never even imagined that she would be coming this way, because her future was uncertain. I've followed her ever since, and she's the one I'm most excited about. It would be a crime to miss out on such an impressive piece of pure history.
First call 19. May, second and last call 3. July.

No comments:

Post a Comment