Thursday 31 July 2014

Sights of July and what lies ahead

A lot has happened in July, resulting in several posts and good memories for a long time. In the meanwhile I've had lots of workdays at the cruise harbour. Although having the access doesn't feel as special as it used to, it's still a great place to look around and take photos once the shift is over. I've seen some beautiful ships and I'm yet to see some more, although most of the work is done by now. Of course I've got some really neat shots from outside the cruise area as well.

For example this photo of outbound Superstar, taken from Linnahall.
And this portrait of Victoria I, taken when I worked as a volunteer sailor on a sailboat named Emily, transporting people from one harbour to the other and vice versa during Tallinn Maritime days.
Quite the normal summertime six o'clock traffic on the bay: Norwegian Star, (Tallink) Star, Finlandia, Gann and behind her, Viking XPRS. Out of the picture, Victoria I is also setting sail.
The two sisters (Mariella and Princess Anastasia) behind the Old City Marina; the funnel of Viking XPRS also shows.
Norwegian Star seemed to be present every single time I had any business near the sea.
Which obviously results in lots and lots of pictures of her.
Quite a common, yet interesting sight - lifeboat drill. 
While I was on the Legend of the Seas she also seemed to be everywhere. 
And I got to witness some more advanced modern methods of ship maintenance. 
From two perspectives.
Fleet Street, Tallinn
Same place the other day.
From farther away
and from above.  
In comes Costa Luminosa
.. and Emerald Princess, accompanying Baltic Queen.
The list of visiting royalties extends - Royal Princess in royal solitude.
Slightly closer to the Emerald Princess.
My beautiful hometown and some boat.
Speaking of my hometown - on busy days, this lineup of wifi-enjoying crew members can be found at the stores.
Meanwhile at the "baby pier" - Hamburg
Europa 
and Serenissima
Serenissima and Viking XPRS
Gann, seemingly, was a bit too big for the baby pier though - here she is next to Crystal Symphony.
Azamara Journey and MSC Poesia
Celebrity Eclipse. Characteristically to the cruise line, her shape is quite interesting.
And the gangway is quite fancy.
Silver Cloud
Eurodam and Finlandia.
Back in May-June, I used to mention travelling plans a lot, mostly, to be more exact, my inability to make any. In the beginning of July I finally knew all I needed though and I've spent the whole month organizing. Now that the time left is as long as the trip itself and everything is quite clear to me, I feel like it's the right time to shed some light on what's coming up. So, for now I'll say that in two weeks I'll be on the move in Finland and Sweden, trying out all the Viking Line vessels I haven't travelled on yet. Of course it'll be so much more than just that but the rest I'll let you know of as it happens. Although accessing the internet may get a bit complicated sometimes, I'll try my best to post trip updates as soon as I find a way.

No comments:

Post a Comment